If you are running WordPress blog or website and you want to give user registration, login and user profile features on your website you can use Profile Builder for the same.
Profile Builder is an easy to use profile plugin for creating front-end login, user registration and edit profile forms by using shortcodes.
Profile Builder lets you customize your website by adding a front-end menu for all your users, giving them a more flexible way to modify their user profile or register (front-end user registration).
Users with administrator rights can customize basic user fields or add custom user fields to the front-end forms.
To achieve this, simply create a new page and give it an intuitive name(i.e. Edit Profile).
Now all you need to do is add the following shortcode: [wppb-edit-profile].
Publish the page and you are done!
Front-end User Registration, Login, User Profile and Password Recovery Forms
You can use the following shortcode list to display the forms:
- [wppb-edit-profile] – to grant users front-end access to their user profile (requires user to be logged in).
- [wppb-login] – to add a front-end login form.
- [wppb-logout] – to add logout functionality.
- [wppb-register] – easily register users via a front-end register form.
- [wppb-recover-password] – to add a password recovery form.
Profile Builder Features
- drag & drop to reorder user profile fields
- enable Email Confirmation (on registration users will receive a notification to confirm their email address)
- choose between login with only Username, Email or both
- enforce a minimum password length and minimum password strength (using the default WordPress password strength meter)
- assign users a specific role at registration (using [wppb-register role=”desired_role”] shortcode argument for the register form)
- redirect users after login, register and edit-profile using redirect_url shortcode argument ( e.g [wppb-login redirect_url=”www.example.com”] )
- add register and lost password links below the login form (using [wppb-login register_url=”www.example.com” lostpassword_url=”www.example.com”] shortcode arguments)
- customizable user login widget
- add a custom stylesheet/inherit values from the current theme or use the default one built into this plugin
- Admin Bar Settings: choose which user roles view the admin bar in the front-end
- select which user profile fields are visible in the frontend
- extended functionality available via Add-ons
- Roles Editor: add, edit, remove or clone user roles and capabilities
- reCAPTCHA support for Profile Builder and WordPress default forms
- User Role Select field on register and edit profile forms
- Content Restriction: restrict content based on current users role or logged in status
- Restrict WooCommerce shop page and products
- Invisible reCAPTCHA support for both Profile Builder forms as well as default WordPress forms
- Private Website: If you have a WordPress website that you wish is visible only to members then this feature is what you want.